Thought of the Week:

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Writing stuff... Or not...

So, I'm actually attempting to write something. Maybe a book if the stars all line up and the heavens open to the sound of trumpets. The problem I'm having is I'm not so hot at writing more than maybe five pages. I'm used to school stuff, which I'm great at and have never made a bad grade on. Books are a little longer than five pages. I've actually pounded out perhaps 30 or so, but it's in rare spurts of inspiration that only last around three pages. I have managed five on a very good day. I'm also scared crapless that I will actually manage to finish it, read over it, and hate it. Already I'm worried that I've had too many blabbering pages where the main character just complains about her life.
Maybe I'll finish it, maybe not. However, while I'm actually trying to do this I won't be on here much. So, I'm sorry to anyone who actually reads my stuff. Feel free to comment and stuff if you'd like. I could always use an ego boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment